Friday, August 2, 2013

philth... philth... philth-a-delphia

Have you ever had a irrational and slightly schizophrenic decision consume you.. where all you can do is move like a moth to a flame until it's all over? a year ago May I decided it was time for a change... within 5 business days I had accepted a job, packed 2 suitcases, purchased a one way ticket and taken a sublease sight unseen... Philth-a-dephia or bust!

To say Philadelpia is rough around the edges would be an understatement. Have you ever watched Always Sunny in Philadelphia? I have and I've been to Paddy's Pup which is the only bar in the city you can still legally smoke it. Some weird ass "grandfathered in" rule, where a certain percentage of their business has to be food... which they have and it a crockpot in the corner that serves canned chili.

I was working for a VERY cool compnay, albeit a dead end job, 9 months in I was ready to hightail it back to CA. However I had made great friends, loved my apartment but the philth was too much for me to handle. I was pissed, I didn't want to give up on my dreams of making it in a new place... walking down the street where I didn't know anyone kicking ass and taking names.

It was then I found myself stealing a mattress, renting a Uhaul landing every girls dream job in cosmetics and never looking back... this is where the real journey began.


No comments:

Post a Comment